This session will be led by Rebecca Rae, Pressure Ulcer Coordinator at Bradford District Care NHS Foundation Trust. This session will last approximately 1 hour.
January training dates: Flexible
Aims/objectives of the session are:
- To understand and implement the national requirement of ‘zero tolerance’ of all ‘avoidable’ pressure ulcers
- To understand what a pressure ulcer is and how it develops
It will also cover:
- Risks and causes of all categories of pressure damage
- To understand how to categorise pressure ulcers
- Prevention and management techniques
- Correct use of equipment
- Documentation and Responsibility
As the team organises their own training direct with homes, training dates are flexible.
For those homes who have not yet accessed the React to Red training and would like to, you can email the team direct to organise a session on a date to suit, via: PressureUlcerTeam@bdct.nhs.uk.