We are continuing our virtual training dates titled: Identifying patients in the last year of life in care homes.
14th March – 1.30pm
Duration: 60 minutes
- To understand what needs to be done and be in place to make sure people have a good death
- To give you the skills and confidence to identify people entering into their last year of life
- To understand how to use the written information you have been sent, which will help you assess and record people’s wishes
At the end of the session, the participant will be able to:
- Identify residents in your care home who are in the last year of life
- Be able to use the Gold Standards Framework (GSF) literature to support you in that assessment
- To know who to discuss this with and where to record it
- Understand the importance of planning for end of life care
To register your free places, please contact Wendy Winterbottom, Vanguard Project Support Officer:
or telephone: 01535 294546
Please include how many members of staff will be taking part in each session, their names and a main contact number.
A meeting request will then be issued to the named contact from the central training diary. Dialling into the virtual training room is easy. Instead of dialling into the hub you need to add the following address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Everyone who completes the training will be asked to fill out an evaluation form so we can collect feedback from your colleagues and measure how beneficial the training was for them. A certificate will be provided to everyone who completes the training.
We are exploring new topics for later in the year, and will be writing to you again with details of how to access future sessions.