Our virtual training programme includes advice on the best use of inhalers. Any care home in Bradford, Airedale and East Lancashire can take part in this session.
Three events have been scheduled to take place in February and March:
10th March – 2.00pm
24th March – 2.00pm
The free sessions will be led by one of our respiratory specialist nurses and will last approximately 30 minutes.
Aims/objectives of the session:
- To recognise the impact a poor inhaler technique can have on a person’s day to day symptoms and frequency of flare ups.
- To gain a basic understanding of how different inhalers work in the lungs.
- To be able to recognise what type of device an inhaler is, aerosol/powder and the appropriate technique for each.
- To understand the importance of spacers and how they should be used.
- To be able to support patients in your care with their inhaler technique and recognise a poor technique and refer onto appropriate services for further assessment.
Delivered via our new virtual training centre, our initiative is designed to enhance the competencies of your staff, as well as provide an opportunity for them to raise any questions on each of the topics.
It is provided free of charge by the Airedale and Partners Enhanced Health in Care Homes vanguard.
To register your free places, please contact Wendy Winterbottom, Vanguard Project Support Officer:
or telephone: 01535 294546
Please include how many members of staff will be taking part in each session, their names and a main contact number.
A meeting request will then be issued to the named contact from the central training diary. Dialling into the virtual training room is easy. Instead of dialling into the hub you need to add the following address email@example.com.
Everyone who completes the training will be asked to fill out an evaluation form so we can collect feedback from your colleagues and measure how beneficial the training was for them. A certificate will be provided to everyone who completes the training.
We are exploring new topics for later in the year, and will be writing to you again with details of how to access future sessions.